While a life of positivity sounds ideal, everyone still has negative thoughts sometimes. Quotes to live a life of positivity can help you get through the difficult times.
These quotes to live positively offer insight on how to change your way of thinking. Plus, they can advise on changes that you should make in your life to attract positivity. If you’re not looking for insight or advice, you can just turn to these quotes for a chance to relate.
When you relate with others who have felt the way that you do, it may be easier to get through it. Simply knowing that someone else overcame a negative mindset may be all you need to help yourself.
15 Quotes When You Want to Live a Life of Positivity
1. “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.” – Wade Boggs
If you want to live a life of positivity, you have to adjust your attitude. With a positive attitude, you’ll find your thoughts becoming more positive. Then, the other aspects of your life will begin to become more positive.
2. “You are the sum total of everything you’ve ever seen, heard, eaten, smelled, been told, forgot–it’s all there. Everything influences each of us, and because of that, I try to make sure that my experiences are positive.” – Maya Angelou
As Angelou explains, you are what you have experienced. Each part of your life affects who you are today. So, make sure that all you take in is positive and you’ll quickly see your life becoming more positive.
This mindset doesn’t just apply to your thoughts, either. If you want to live a positive life, consider what you eat, see, converse about, and just surround yourself with. All of the seemingly small details play a part in your mindset and the outcome of your life.
3. “You have to open up to the world and learn optimism…Contentment with the past, happiness with the present, and hope for the future. Learned optimism.” – Jennifer Crusie
Optimism isn’t something that just comes naturally. You have to learn to be optimistic. You can do this by looking for the good in all situations and accepting the past.
Once you learn optimism, you’ll find all parts of your life are better. You’ll begin naturally thinking positive thoughts no matter what is happening. When you can do that, the events of your life will be better and you’ll be happier.
4. “What is the difference between an obstacle and an opportunity? Our attitude toward it. Every opportunity has a difficult, and every difficulty has an opportunity.” – J. Sidlow Baxter
The outcome of every situation will depend on your attitude toward it. If you can be positive, the outcome will be more in your favor. However, if you think negatively, you likely won’t succeed.
Don’t let yourself down simply because you thought negatively about something. When you do that, it’ll become an obstacle. Instead, allow the situation to become an opportunity for something else by thinking positively.
5. “When the negative thoughts come — and they will; they come to all of us — it’s not enough to just not dwell on it… You’ve got to replace it with a positive thought.” – Joel Osteen
It’s impossible to never think negative thoughts. As an inevitable part of life, there is no avoiding it. You can’t dwell on those thoughts, however, as Osteen explains.
Instead, the next time you find yourself thinking negatively, change your thought process. Start consciously thinking positively by seeing the best in the situation. You can also think of all the good parts of your life when you’re having negative thoughts.
6. “Optimism is the most important human trait because it allows us to evolve our ideas, to improve our situation, and to hope for a better tomorrow.” – Seth Godin
When you’re optimistic, your entire life will become more positive. Your ideas will become better, you’ll work harder for what you want, and you’ll have hope. Don’t miss out on living your best life because you can’t change your thought process.
7. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
Negativity can be all-consuming and you’ll find yourself feeling like your life is lacking. If you change those thoughts into positive ones, however, you’ll see a difference.
When you think about all the things in your life that you’re grateful for, you’ll think more positively. As the previous quotes explained, thinking positive thoughts will lead to more optimism in all areas of your life.
8. “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve
done before.” – Bonnie Blair
Don’t be down on yourself because you didn’t come in first. Instead, praise yourself for doing better than last time.
The only person you should compare yourself to is you. Once you begin focusing on being the best version of yourself, you’ll be happier.
9. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
When you bring your sunshine, you’ll always have a good time. No matter where you are going, if you show up with positivity, you can change the entire dynamic. Even if it isn’t the best situation, continue looking for the good because that’s the only way you’ll stay positive.
10. “I think it’s important to get your surroundings as well as yourself into a positive state – meaning surround yourself with positive people, not the kind who are negative and jealous of everything you do.” – Heidi Klum
Think about the situations you are often in. If you are often surrounded by negative people or places, you have to change it. With negativity in your life, it’ll be harder for you to remain positive.
11. “Appreciate every little beautiful moment in every day of your life. Give it a try and you’ll see the world from another perspective.” – Thea Kristine May
When you take the time to acknowledge and appreciate the little things, the big things will become even better. It’s impossible to be negative when you are always looking at the good in the world.
Try to change your mindset and always look for something to appreciate. When you regularly do this, you’ll notice a positive change in yourself.
12. “If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems.” – Pat Riley
Remember that the problems you are dealing with right now are temporary. With hard work and positive thinking, you’ll be past the problem sooner than you thought. Don’t let negative thinking slow you down because the more positive you are, the quicker you can get through it.
13. “Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words, keep your words positive because your words become your behavior, keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits, keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Living a life of optimism begins with your thought process. Positive thoughts result in positive words, actions, habits, and values. Eventually, this positivity will become a lifelong destiny.
14. “Surround yourself with the dreamers, and the doers, the believers, and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you, even when you don’t see it yourself.” – Edmund Lee
Don’t allow negative people in your life regularly. Instead, choose to spend your time with positive people who have dreams that they work hard to achieve. Choose those who think, see the good in you, and who push you to be the best version of yourself.
15. “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm, and genuine people.” – Tena Desae
By thinking positively and working hard, your hope will turn into something much greater. When you allow yourself to accept criticism and continually spend time learning, you are setting yourself up for life-long optimism.
These memorable quotes to live a life of positivity can help you refocus your thoughts. It’s impossible to never think a positive thought, but you can work on changing your mindset. Over time, you’ll find it to be more natural for you to be optimistic.
Everyone deals with negativity sometimes, and all you can do it teach yourself to avoid it. Surround yourself with positive things and people, and avoid allowing negative people in. With these small changes, you’ll notice a positive change in yourself.
As these quotes to live a positive life explain, changes are necessary to change your way of thinking. It’ll take conscious effort at first, but eventually, it’ll become natural for you.